ST. PAUL, Minn. Minnesota taxpayers can begin filing their income tax returns today, Friday, February 12, 2021. This is the same day the Internal Revenue Service begins accepting federal income tax returns. Taxpayers have until Thursday, April 15, 2021 to file and pay their state and federal income taxes.
The department offers tips for income tax advisors preparing to file their taxes:
- Save your receipts and other tax documents. If you have claimed specific deductions or credits, be sure to include any required documentation with your filing and save copies in case you need to refer to them in the future.
- Submit your return by April 15, 2021, even if you owe more than you can pay for. Pay as much as you can by the due date and contact us as soon as possible to finalize a payment arrangement for the balance. You can include your bank details on your electronically submitted return to make payment or payment electronically with our e-services payment system. Y.You can specify when the payment will be debited from your checking or savings account in advance or on the due date.
- Military personnel can now electronically submit Form M99 (Credit for Military Service in a Combat Zone). Created based on feedback from members of the military electronic filing This form is an easy way for service members to obtain this credit.
After you file:
- Track your refund. You can keep track of where your refund is in the process by using ours Where is my refund? System. You can see which of the four phases your refund is in and whether you need to take any action so that we can complete processing your refund. You will see the date your refund was issued when processing is complete.
- Contact us if you are moving after submitting your return. This is how you will reach everything that is sent to you, e.g. B. Refund checks or requests for more information. You should also do this when requesting a direct deposit. Call us at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094 (toll free) to change your address.
- Don’t issue your refund until you see the money in your bank account. Returns can take longer to process as the fraud of attempted refunds increases due to fraud, stolen personal information, and identity theft. The department will take the time to review returns and make sure your money doesn’t get into the hands of criminals. Find out more about our efforts to protect your data.
Property tax refund
- Wait until you have tracked your property tax refund. Many taxpayers file their property tax return at the same time as their income tax return. By law, we cannot begin processing property tax refunds until July 1st. Please check back later this year for information on property tax refunds for the current year.
- We offer limited personal services in our St. Paul office on weekdays from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm Our service desk accepts and processes payments by check, money order, or cash. Visit our website for More information about the available services.
Get the latest news and updates from the Minnesota Treasury Department by following the department Facebook and Twitter or by signing up for ours Email subscription list.
You just read:
News provided by
February 14, 2021 at 7:05 pm GMT
ONE Presswire’s priority is source transparency. We don’t allow opaque clients, and our editors try to be careful about weeding out false and misleading content. If, as a user, you see something that we missed, please let us know. Your help is welcome. ONE Presswire, everyone’s internet news Presswire ™, seeks to define some of the limits that are reasonable in the world today. Please see our editorial guidelines for more information.
Submit your press release