Farfetch exists out of love for fashion. We believe in strengthening individuality. Our mission is to be the global luxury fashion platform, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We are a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers. We believe this is the core of our success. Everything we do revolves around our values - being human, thinking globally, being revolutionary, Todos Juntos, being brilliant, surprising customers – that define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome differences and promote a consciously inclusive environment for all. We are Farfetch for everyone.
We are a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our largest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto is focused on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London consists of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Trade Finance. All of our teams play an important role within the company, from developing best practices to carrying out strategic projects to helping us tell our story with data.
Our office in Porto is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cozy environment. We welcome new ideas and a large number of our employees. From account management to technology and product, find your fit here regardless of your skill level. You can have an informal gathering in the tree house or play the piano on your lunch break!
The role gives you a unique view of FARFETCH’s operations, customs and tax matters as you are part of the Indirect Tax subgroup team and are therefore responsible for technical support for multiple business areas. They also analyze customs information to help develop recommendations and implementation plans for day-to-day operations, but also for new work areas and markets.
As you join a multidisciplinary tax team, on-the-job training, mentoring, learning, and stakeholder engagement are provided.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Advising companies on customs matters in constant liaison with the remaining tax group and in line with the general tax strategy;
- Working with other team members to provide daily assistance regarding customs (e.g. import / export and special procedures) and supply chain issues;
- Interaction with internal stakeholders and third parties, customs authorities and / or external consultants;
- Collaboration in defining new guidelines for customs-related processes within the group;
- Monitoring of transactions and procedures within the group to ensure customs security and / or to offer solutions and suggestions for improvement;
- Carry out the daily activities of the customs work areas and / or projects.
- Monitor potential customs issues and opportunities relevant to Farfetch and maintain a good understanding of customs laws and procedures; and,
- Help develop and train team members.
WHO ARE YOU:
- Degree in economics, management, accounting, law or a similar subject;
- Experience in customs and supply chain matters with at least 4-5 years experience;
- E-commerce experience and / or international retail practice;
- Fluent English (written and oral);
- An excellent team player with the ability to interact with different departments.
- Analytical and quantitative problem solving skills;
- Someone with a results-oriented mindset and able to deal with stress;
- Dynamic and proactive with a high sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Experienced Microsoft Office user (mostly Excel) and technology friendly;
- Experience in SQL / BI in MySQL databases is an advantage (not required).
- Dedicated to developing your talents and knowledge in new areas and thinking creatively
The FARFETCH tax team has a global reach for all tax matters of the group and is growing rapidly.
The team – split between Porto and London – with English and Portuguese specialists wants to offer first-class in-house advisory services and maximize the relevance of the tax function within FARFETCH.